Uninstalling Boingo Wi-Finder is easy.
Windows / PC
1. Verify that Boingo Wi-Finder is not running on your system. If the Boingo Wi-Fi icon is showing in the System Tray (the part of the task bar near your computer's clock), right-click this and choose "Exit Boingo."
2. Go to the "Start" menu and select "Control Panel".
3. Double-click the "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" icon.
4. A list of installed programs will be presented. Choose "Boingo Wi-Fi" or "Boingo Wi-Finder," and click on the "Remove" or "Uninstall" button.
The app is now uninstalled. Please note that older versions of the app could be called "GoBoingo" instead of "Boingo Wi-Fi".
Mac / Apple Computer
1. Verify that Boingo Wi-Finder is not running. Navigate to the "Activity Monitor" program within the "Utilities" folder. Double click the "GoBoingo" or "Boingo Wi-Finder" on the process list. On the popup, click "Quit" and verify that "GoBoingo" or "Boingo Wi-Finder" are no longer listed.
2. Open the "Applications" directory within your Finder. Select "Boingo Wi-Fi", "Boingo Wi-Finder", or "GoBoingo!" and delete it by right clicking and selecting "Move to Trash."
The app is now uninstalled. To delete the residual saved preferences and cache, complete the following steps:
1. Under Finder -> (User's) Home -> Library -> Application Support, delete the "GoBoingo", "Boingo Wi-Fi", or "Boingo Wi-Finder" directory.
2. Under Finder -> (User's) Home-> Library -> Preferences, find the "com.Boingo.GoBoingo.plist" or "com.Boingo.BoingoWi-Fi.plist" file and delete it by moving it to the Trash.
3. Under Finder (User's) Home -> Library -> Caches, find the "com.boingo.boingoWi-Fi", "com.boingo.*", or "com.goboingo.*" folder and delete it by moving it to the Trash.
4. In Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access, find the two "Boingo Wi-Fi" entries under the "login" Keychain and delete them.
iPhone / iPad iOS:
1. Select and hold your finger on Boingo Wi-Finder icon.
2. The icons will display an "x" in the top left corner and begin to shake.
3. Press the "x" and confirm your intent by tapping the "delete" option.
4. The app will then be removed.
1. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications. Boingo Wi-Finder should be an option.
2. Select the Boingo icon, and choose to uninstall.
3. Press OK to uninstall.
4. The app will then be removed, so select OK to close the window.
If you’d like to learn more about the app, please visit our Wi-Finder Download Center